Traveling to the City of Vienna in Austria
A vibrant and beautiful city, full of history and artistic expression. A special invitation to enjoy one of the many musical offers that can be watched in this city and its impressive imperial palaces.
Another thing that makes this city something unique is the culture related to cafes. This is why you should enjoy a cake and a coffee in one of its incredible cafes.
Best Time to travel to the city of Vienna. If you do not like the cold, it will be better if you go between May and September, since at this time the temperature is more pleasant, even though it is a city that can be visited at any time of the year. In the months of June and July, the high season occurs, so the prices may be higher and there are many people everywhere, but the city is also very active as well.
How many days to visit the city of Vienna. Vienna is a very big city, with many palaces, and important buildings to visit throughout the city, so it would take you at least 4 or 5 days to cover everything. We consider that the minimum is three days, to have some musical experience and visit the main points of interest of Vienna.
The airport in the city of Vienna. The airport is 18 km away from the city. The cheapest way to get to the city is by bus, the VAL 2. It is also possible to make a combination of Train and Metro as it can be more convenient. A taxi costs at least 30 euros.
What to do or what to visit in the city of Vienna?
- Schönbrunn Palace. One of the main buildings in Austria. A world heritage site that delights for its impressive gardens and for the works of the painter Giambattista Pittoni inside the palace.
- Hofburg Imperial Palace. The largest palace in Vienna. A somewhat expensive visit, but interesting especially if you like tableware and gardens.
- Belvedere Palace. Another great palace, very well preserved and with beautiful gardens, and good views. The interior museum is paid.
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna. Probably the main church in Vienna. You can climb the tower after paying 6 euros and climb 343 steps. There is an elevator option.
- Vienna State Opera. A beautiful building from the imperial era. There are always works that can be witnessed. Obviously an obligation if you are in this city.
- Prater and Public Park. A park in the middle of the city, with a calm atmosphere. It is free but the attractions are paid.
- Vienna Museum of Art History. A very large museum with some very good exhibitions. You need at least a day to see it full.
- Museum of Natural History. A very large and ancient museum, which started with its collection more than 250 years ago.
- Hundertwasserhaus house. A municipal residential place used as social housing, it stands out for its interesting painting and exterior architecture.
- Graben Street. An important street, which looks very nice at night, located in the center of the city.
Other Eastern European Cities
If you want to learn more about other towns and places in Eastern Europe, click on the one you want.