Traveling to the city of Rome in Italy
The capital city, breathing history everywhere. Walk among the ruins and imagine the stories behing one of the greatest empires in the history of the planet.
A perfect destination to get carried away by the palate, and enjoy the unique and spectacular gastronomic offer. One of the most famous around the world.
Best Time to travel to Rome. From April to November, the weather is warm and pleasant. In the months of June and July, high season occurs.
How many days to visit the city of Rome. It is a giant city, with many things to visit, so 4 days will be little.
The airport in the city in Rome. From the airport, you can travel in all possible ways since there are trains, buses, and taxis available. The cheapest option is to buy a bus ticket with the company that suits you best. They will drop you in the city center.
What to do or to visit in the city of Rome?
- The Roman Coliseum. A badge in Rome and one of the most visited places in the world. Full of history, located in the city center. It is advisable to buy the tickets in advance online, since you will avoid the usual crowds. A few steps away is the Roman Forum, also a must-see in this city.
- The pantheon. It is also a historic building in this city, which surprises you, because although it appears smaller on the outside, once inside you notice its greatness and height that impresses you.
- Fontana di Trevi. One of the most beautiful fountains in the world. It’s very surprising when you find it walking the streets of Rome. Do not forget to throw a coin into it, as it is said, this ensures your return to this wonderful city.
- Vatican – Sistine Chapel – St. Peter’s Basilica. In the Vatican museums, you will find the most valued art collections in the world. It takes a long time to visit it and it is advisable to obtain the entrance in advance to avoid long lines. Inside it, is the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica, the latter is the largest Catholic church in the world and if you go up to the dome, you will be able to appreciate the most beautiful view of St. Mark’s Square with the entire city at his feet. The museums have to be visited in one direction, so you can’t go back.
- Castel Sant’Angelo. A beautiful building located on the banks of the Tiber River, where you can also enjoy the view, the road, and take beautiful photos on the Sant’Angelo bridge. Here you can also enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
- Piazza di Spagna. It unites young people, artists, and bohemians in the city, surrounded by various shops and rich ice cream parlors. You can enjoy a beautiful view of the entire city from the height of the Trinitá Dei Monti staircase (staircase located in this square).
- Piazza Navona. Artistic meeting place, where you can find 4 beautiful fountains, and in front of it the church of Sant ‘Agnese in Agone.
- Trastevere neighborhood. A walk through this neighborhood is a must, where you will find many shops, restaurants, and the bohemian world visiting corners with the most typical of Roman culture.
- Campo dei Fiori. In this place you can enjoy every morning (except Sunday) a market that offers the most typical products and souvenirs of the city. At night, you can enjoy its bohemian life and bars.
Some Other cities in Europe
If you want to know more about other cities in Europe, click on the one you like.