Traveling to the city of Dusseldorf in Germany
A large and modern city, with an old city center where bars and restaurants abound and attract locals and tourists alike to get carried away by beer, sausages, and good living.
The river Rhine makes the city even more beautiful, generating large spaces for walking and experiencing the city from a calmer perspective, without haste. An invitation to enjoying the simple …
Best Time to Travel to Dusseldorf. If you don’t like the cold, April to September is when you can find the best weather. The months of June and July is high season, so if you want to avoid many people around and higher prices, avoid those months.
How many days to explore the city of Dusseldorf. With one or two days you can get an idea of what it is like to be in this city and you can visit most of the places you should visit.
Airport to the city of Dusseldorf. The airport is located less than 10 km outside of the city. You can easily get to the center by train or tram (S-Bahn).
What to do or what to visit in the city of Dusseldorf?
- Old Center. A place that receives many tourists and locals because there are many bars, restaurants, and important buildings in the city. An invitation to get lost touring and discovering this place.
- Rhine Tower. The icon and the tallest building in the city. A tower that serves as a telecommunications center. It has a viewpoint and a revolving restaurant, where you can see impressive views of the city.
- Walk the Rhine River. Walking next to this River when the weather allows it is something you should do.
- Eating a sausage with beer. Something mandatory at any stop in Germany. There are many dining options in the city center to eat this, or whatever you want.
- Königsallee. A very nice park with a water channel in the middle.
- Benrath Palace. A building that stands out for its very particular pink color.
- Düsseldorf Palace of Art Museum. A very good alternative to see art exhibitions and escape from bad weather. It has very good exhibits.
- Neuer Zollhof and Stadttor. Two buildings with a very modern design, with a rather particular architecture.
- St. Lambertus Basilica. Beautiful Church with beautiful stained glass windows and Calvary. An invitation to pay attention to details.