Traveling to the city of Bruges in Belgium
It is really like being in a fairy tale. With its cobbled streets, well-preserved medieval buildings and unique museums such as the potato chip, chocolate, and beer museums, this destination is unforgettable.
If you like to take photos, you will find castles, bridges, canals, and picturesque buildings that will allow you to take the best photos of your life.
Best Time to Travel to Bruges. If you don’t like snow and cold, we’d probably recommend April through September, as the weather is warmer, sunny, and never overly hot.
Days to visit the city of Bruges. One day is enough to walk and get lost in the city. To eat french fries, chocolate, and drink beer. Although being there makes you want to stay forever. The problem is how expensive the accommodation is.
From the Airport to the city of Bruges. The city of Bruges does not have an airport, so you must get to Brussels and from there take a train or a bus to the city of Bruges. With flixbus (a cheap bus company), you can take the bus directly from the airport to the city.
What to do or what to visit in the city of Bruges?
- Great Market Square. Located in the heart of the city. It is an area with buildings with very particular facades. Here you can also visit the Provincial Court and the bell tower.
- Bruges bell tower. One of the most famous places in the city. It is a very beautiful medieval building.
- Our Lady Church. A medieval church, which turns out to be the tallest building in the city and the second tallest brick tower in the world. It is really impressive.
- Bruges or San Salvador Cathedral. The oldest church in Bruges.
- Lake of Love. A very beautiful lake with beautiful views of the city.
- Bruges City Hall. It is located in Burg Square. It draws attention because of its greatness, which represents the great economic expansion that the city had in the fourteenth century.
- Potato Chip Museum. Belgium is famous for its French fries, which unlike France, it serves on the go, and not on a plate.
- Beer Museum. It is known that in Belgium there are some of the best beers in the world. Here is the whole story behind the fame, and how they managed to overcome complex aspects such as the fact that the city became the heritage of the city and no more trucks were allowed inside the city.
- Rozenhoedkaai. A pier that offers wonderful views. Probably one of the most photographed places in Bruges.
- Bonifacio Bridge. One of the most famous bridges in Bruges. Very pretty.
- Eat waffles, drink beer, and try fries. Although I think it’s not necessary to say it, you cannot leave this city without doing these three things.
Some Other cities in Europe
If you want to know more about other cities in Europe, click on the one you like.